RESOLVE is seeking a Public Health intern for the Summer 2016 semester. This is a paid internship lasting through August 2016 with the possibility to extend.
RESOLVE is an independent organization focused on helping diverse groups solve environmental, social, and health problems by working on local, regional, national, and international projects. RESOLVE works with leaders in communities, governments, businesses, non-profits, academia, and foundations to find solutions that make a difference for society. RESOLVE assesses situations for collaboration possibilities, designs collaborative strategies and processes, facilitates dialogues, and mediates differences that lead to solutions. Our project areas include health policy including public and environmental health, food safety, sustainable agriculture, healthy ecosystems, energy, and natural resources.
For the Summer of 2016 we are looking for a Bachelors or Masters student who has completed at least one year of coursework focused on environmental health or public health policy, and who has experience or interest in collaboration.
The ideal intern would have interest and some experience in one or more of the following issues:
- Public health/Public policy;
- Food safety;
- Environmental health;
- Air and water quality;
- Chemicals safety.
The Intern will work with RESOLVE staff in all aspects of public health collaboration and consensus building, including:
- providing project management support
- participating in meetings, taking notes and writing summaries;
- coordinating project related calls and communications
- researching current health policies and activities
- background research on partnership and fundraising opportunities; and
- working with other staff to support collaborative projects.
We provide interns the opportunity to observe a range of collaborative activities, such as:
- assessing issues and convene collaborative processes;
- designing collaborative processes with sponsors and stakeholders;
- facilitating meetings and conference calls;
- managing complex collaborative projects;
A successful applicant will also possess the following skills and abilities:
- ability to multitask, organize work projects and complete tasks within assigned time frames;
- strong communication skills including oral, writing and editing;
- ability to establish effective working relationships and work effectively within teams;
- ability to work independently as necessary to achieve high performance;
- proficient with Microsoft Office;
- knowledge of data collection and evaluation methods.
If needed, RESOLVE will work with the intern’s university to fill out any required forms and will evaluate the intern at the end of the semester. RESOLVE will also work with each student’s school to ensure that a student has fulfilled the required hours for the internship. RESOLVE provides a small stipend for interns; the amount depends on the number of hours required for an internship.
To Apply: Candidates interested in applying please submit a cover letter and resume to ebon...@resolv.org
Please do not call staff, or inquire about opportunities by phone. Resumes without a cover-letter will not be considered.
RESOLVE values enhancing the diversity of its staff and is an equal opportunity employer.