RESOLVE Internship Program
RESOLVE understands the value of hands-on experience before and after graduation, and we are committed to mentoring the next generation of environmental, public health, and natural resource collaborative leaders. RESOLVE’s internship program offers opportunities for students to gain insight in the practical applications of collaboration and consensus building to further their own education. In addition to our policy internship program, we sometimes offer internships focused on a specific skill set outside of collaboration and consensus building.
Who are we looking for?
- You have completed at least three years of full-time studies at a university or equivalent institution towards the completion of a degree. For some internships we may seek more experience.
- You possess an interest in collaboration and public policy.
- You can legally work in the United States.
The specific skills and experience we are looking for varies by internship. For more information on a specific internship opportunity’s qualifications, please refer to the internship announcement. RESOLVE internships sometimes have stipends, which vary according to project. We will also work with schools to ensure our interns earn applicable academic credit for their internship with us. We are dedicated to providing our interns with valuable learning opportunities and real-world experience to meet their own professional development goals.
Open Internship Opportunities
Position: Business Development Internship
Posting Date: September 20, 2018; Updated: October 15, 2018
Applications Accepted until internship is filled
Interested in Non-Profit management; Fundraising; Programs focused on Health, Environment and Natural Resources? If yes, then we’d love to hear from you. RESOLVE, a dynamic non-profit organization based in Washington, DC, is seeking an intern to support and manage a range of activities from business development to organizational fundraising.
RESOLVE forges sustainable solutions to critical social, health, and environmental challenges by creating innovative partnerships where they are least likely and most needed. We are a team of collaborative leaders (mediators, policy experts, strategists, scientists, and facilitators). Our track record of solutions includes the no net loss of wetlands policy, implementing food safety provisions, greater health care access, responsible minerals sourced from conflict affected regions, best practices for siting wind energy, safer drinking water rules, new technologies to promote human-wildlife coexistence, and agreements that support restoration of the Missouri River watershed.
We are looking for an intern who has a demonstrated interest in non-profit management, fundraising, research and analysis to support fundraising and organizational development needs.
Time frame is negotiable.
- Research and scope business development opportunities
- Conduct research for RESOVLE’s Focus Areas (conservation, sustainable resources and public health)
- Develop concept notes and proposals
- Conduct analysis and writing
- Manage small projects
We work with interns so they observe a range of activities. As an intern, you will experience firsthand how a nonprofit organization works. You will gain valuable insights and participate in fundraising strategy development and implementation.
A successful applicant will also possess the following skills and abilities:
- Detail oriented; high degree of accuracy in all aspects of work
- Multitasks effectively
- Organizes and completes tasks within assigned time frames
- Works independently as necessary to achieve high performance
- Works effectively within teams
- Strong interpersonal skills and organizational skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, in particular strong editing skills
- Strong research skills
- Competency in Microsoft Office, particularly Word and Excel
- Master’s degree preferred
RESOLVE provides a modest stipend for interns; the amount depends on the intern’s degree level, experience, and the number of hours the intern devotes to the internship.
For those in school, RESOLVE can work with the intern’s university to fill out any required forms and will evaluate the intern at the end of the semester. RESOLVE will also work with each student’s school to ensure that a student has fulfilled the required hours for the internship.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to jobs [at] RESOLV [dot] org
Applications without a cover letter will not be considered.
Please do not call staff or inquire about opportunities by phone.
RESOLVE values diversity in its staff and is an equal opportunity employer.