For open intern positions, please visit the Internship Program page.
Jun 9, 2016
RESOLVE, a non-profit organization in Washington, DC, is seeking an Associate to specifically support our growing healthy people and communities program. The Associate will assist in coordinating collaboration and consensus building activities for particular projects and other supporting work focused on improving health policy, programs, access and delivery of care. We are primarily interested in candidates who have experience and expertise in public health, health policy, health reform, food safety, and/or other health issues.
RESOLVE is an independent organization focused on building strong, enduring solutions to environmental, social, and health challenges. We help community, business, government, foundation, and NGO leaders solve challenging problems, achieve enduring results and create productive, lasting relationships through collaboration. We are based in Washington, DC and work on local, regional, national, and international projects. Our projects focus on fostering healthy people and communities, clean air and water, resilient ecosystems, smart energy, sustainable development, and addressing natural resource conflicts. This Associate position will primarily support RESOLVE’s healthy people and communities program and project work.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree (MPP, MPH, or other similar degree preferred) and should have prior work experience relating to conflict resolution and/or public policy issues, specifically relating to health.
- Serve as junior member of facilitation, mediation, and training teams. Activities include but are not limited to conducting interviews with stakeholders, drafting agendas, recording flip chart notes and/or taking notes in meetings, and writing meeting summaries, project proposals and reports.
- Manage logistics for meetings, including polling teams for meeting dates, reserving venues, communicating with participants, developing and managing project websites, and managing collaborative technology (e.g., Adobe Connect) for meetings.
- Work with organizational teams and partners to research issues, track collaborative opportunities, develop project concepts, and write proposals.
- Support and manage program delivery, including coalitions and networks, research activities, and other activities.
- Support collaborative strategy development for projects and programs.
We are looking for an individual with demonstrated commitment to the conflict resolution and/or health field(s) and the knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and referrals that attest to the following:
- Familiarity with facilitation, group dynamics, collaboration, and consensus building
- Familiarity with public policy context and processes and the role of different groups in agenda setting, advocacy, and problem solving
- Understanding of technical information, as well as political dynamic, regarding health issues
- Familiarity with collaborative technologies and application of them in a variety of settings and projects
- Excellent organizational skills and an ability to pay close attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Ability to balance many projects and priorities simultaneously, while closely tracking and managing various project activities, timelines, and deliverables
- Proficiency with collaborative technologies (e.g., Adobe Connect or other webinar programs; mobile polling such as Poll Everywhere), social media, and AV equipment
- Ability to take initiative and work with teams to coordinate projects on scope and budget, with attention to highest quality and detail
- Excellent relationship skills such as listening, building trust, empathizing, developing rapport, and both giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Experience with web development (particularly WordPress) and Google Analytics preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and depth
- Energy, drive, and commitment to excellence
- Strong values and impeccable ethics
- Courage, confidence, and ease in front of groups
- Personal depth and self-awareness
- Enjoys working as part of a team, sharing successes, and collaboratively owning and addressing challenges
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, and capacity to work with little supervision or structure
- Courage, confidence, and ease in communicatingcommunicating with a wide range of clients and partners—senior executives, government officials, community stakeholders, etc.
- Willingness to cope with an irregular work schedule, sometimes requiring evening and weekend work and travel
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. RESOLVE offers excellent benefits, including: medical and dental insurance; retirement and education contributions; generous family, vacation, and sick leave; and long-term disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to j...@resolv.org with Health Associate listed in the subject line.
Please do not e-mail other staff or inquire about opportunities by phone. Resumes without a cover letter will not be considered.
RESOLVE is an equal opportunity employer.