For open intern positions, please visit the Internship Program page.
PART-TIME PROJECT COORDINATOR POSITION ANNOUNCEMENT
Focus: Responsible minerals development, stream restoration, and impact investing
Posting Date: December 22, 2017
Start Date: Early 2018
Applications accepted until position is filled
RESOLVE, an independent non-profit organization in Washington, DC, is seeking a part-time project coordinator for work related to responsible minerals development, stream restoration, and impact investing beginning in January 2018. This is a six-month position with possible opportunity for extension or conversion to a full-time position.
RESOLVE forges sustainable solutions to critical social, health, and environmental challenges by creating innovative partnerships where they are least likely and most needed. Our project areas include forest management and health; sustainable agriculture; product stewardship and certification; healthy ecosystems; energy; natural resources; climate change; and public and environmental health.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Expertise in public policy related to habitat issues and natural resources, particularly mining policy and regulation, placer mining technology, mitigation and habitat restoration, and conservation banks – knowledge of these issues in the Pacific Northwest is particularly desirable;
• Expertise in the operating characteristics of mining operations as well as the landscape of voluntary responsible mining initiatives. A critical part of the project will be research and data analysis at the intersection of site-based reports and global frameworks;
• At least an undergraduate degree and ideally a graduate degree, or similar experience, in a relevant field;
• At least 3 to 5 years of work in an non-profit, company, association, or agency;
• Research experience;
• Excellent writing and editing skills; and
• Proficiency in data collection and analysis.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to .
Please do not call staff or inquire about opportunities by phone.
RESOLVE values diversity in its staff and is an equal opportunity employer.