For open intern positions, please visit the Internship Program page.
Dec 8, 2016
Applications Accepted until:
The position is open until filled
RESOLVE, a non-profit organization in Washington, D.C., is seeking a Program Associate. The Program Associate will assist in supporting and coordinating collaboration and consensus building activities. We are particularly interested in candidates who have experience and/or interest in environmental policy and planning, natural resources, and energy.
RESOLVE is an independent organization focused on building strong, enduring solutions to environmental, social, and health challenges. We help leaders from communities, businesses, governments, foundations, and non-governmental organizations solve challenging problems, achieve enduring results, and create productive, lasting relationships through collaboration. We are based in Washington, D.C. and work on local, regional, national, and international projects. Our projects focus on healthy people and communities, clean air and water, resilient ecosystems, smart energy, sustainable development, and natural resource conflicts.
Applicants must have a Bachelor’s degree; an advance degree is preferred. Prior work experience relating to natural resource issues, conflict resolution, or public policy is also preferred. While the selected candidate will work on a wide range of natural resource, health, and social issues, experience and/or familiarity with the minerals and energy sectors, impact investing, and/or domestic and international environmental policy, including natural resource policy on US federal lands and Alaska, is a plus.
- Serve as a junior member of facilitation and programmatic teams. This includes communicating with stakeholders and partners, drafting agendas, taking notes in meetings, and writing meeting summaries and project reports.
- Project management support; including coordinating logistics for meetings; scheduling; managing contact databases; developing and managing project websites; preparing meeting materials; managing collaborative technology (e.g., Adobe Connect) for calls and meetings; processing payments and invoices; and support for grant and subcontract management, reporting, and budgeting.
- Research and writing as assigned in substantive policy areas, particularly natural resources and related issues.
- Work with organizational teams and partners to research issues, track collaborative opportunities, and write proposals.
- Support collaborative strategy development for projects and programs.
- Fundraising research including for foundations, donors and donor agencies, and proposal writing.
We are looking for an individual with a commitment to RESOLVE’s independent, solutions-focus orientation to issues and demonstrated interest in the conflict resolution and/or natural resources field, including knowledge, skills, personal characteristics, and referrals that attest to the following:
- Familiarity with public policy context and processes and the role of different groups in agenda setting, advocacy, and problem solving
- Familiarity with group dynamics, collaboration, consensus building theories and practices, and/or strategic planning
- Understanding of scientific and technical aspects of environmental and natural resource issues and/or of supply chain and business dynamics in the minerals sector
- Excellent organizational and logistical planning skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent analytical, writing, and editing skills
- Proficiency with word processing, databases, and spreadsheets
- Proficiency with use of collaborative technologies (e.g., Adobe Connect or other webinar programs; Dropbox; Google Forms), social media, AV equipment, and web development (particularly WordPress). Experience with Google Analytics a plus.
- Ability to balance many projects and priorities simultaneously, while closely tracking and managing various project activities, timelines, and deliverables
- Ability to take initiative and work with teams to coordinate projects on scope and budget, with attention to highest quality and detail
- Excellent relationship and communication skills such as listening, building trust, empathizing, developing rapport, and both giving and receiving constructive criticism
- Proficiency in a second language, especially Spanish or French, preferred
- Intellectual curiosity and depth
- Strong values and ethics
- Energy, drive, and commitment to excellence
- Enjoys working as part of a team, sharing successes, and collaboratively owning and addressing challenges
- Self-motivation, self-discipline, and capacity to organize, prioritize, and self-direct work with at times limited day-to-day supervision or structure
- Courage and confidence in communicatingcommunicating effectively and respectfully with a wide range of colleagues, clients, and partners—senior executives, government officials, community stakeholders, etc.
- Willingness to respond to an irregular work schedule, sometimes requiring evening and weekend work and travel, due to the nature of RESOLVE’s work and the needs of our partners.
Salary is commensurate with education and experience. RESOLVE offers excellent benefits, including: medical and dental insurance; retirement contributions; generous family, vacation, and sick leave; and long-term disability.
Please email your resume and cover letter to jobs [at] resolv [dot] org. Please do not e-mail staff or inquire about opportunities by phone.
RESOLVE is an equal opportunity employer.