What We Do & How We Do It
RESOLVE’s Collaborative Science Program is designed to:
- Provide a network of qualified scientists willing and able to advise on important issues
- Facilitate the interaction of scientists with stakeholders and decision makers
- Provide a ‘safe place’ where the expertise and interests of all parties are respected and preserved
- Carry out joint fact finding and independent peer review and guide the science/decision-making process
- Support decision making where there are unknowns or uncertainties
Science Solutions for Stakeholders
RESOLVE’s Collaborative Science Program is about making better decisions for NGOs, businesses, government, and communities. Only by setting up collaborative approaches can we hope to solve complex, multi-stakeholder problems. Useful knowledge is key and getting agreement on the facts is an important step in reaching any solution.
Tools and Services
RESOLVE’s Collaborative Science Program and network is a one-stop resource that is useful to all partners and where the practice of knowledge-based decision making is explained and enhanced. Services and tools are designed to fit unique needs and often include the following:
- Independent Peer Review
- Joint Fact-Finding
- Independent Certification
- Design of Technical Elements (e.g. monitoring)
- Governance Design
- Research and Analysis
- On-call Network of 1,000+ external scientists provide advice and expertise as needed
- In-house Science Leadership manages the network, matches needs to experts, and oversees scientific integrity
- Facilitation and Interpretation provides a safe space for stakeholders and scientists in the science policy dialogue
- RESOLVE Partners include leaders from key sectors who have worked on science implementation and can support project success
The science network is comprised of highly qualified scientists who are also aware of the special requirements of working in the public arena. RESOLVE ensures a ‘safe space’ within which scientists can operate. For instance, RESOLVE’s guidance allows all scientists to work in a fully transparent, fair, and impartial way.
RESOLVE ensures that the science is useful: that the information is expressed in ways that address the needs of decision makers or stakeholders.