Agricultural Water Standards and Testing Requirements in the Proposed Produce Safety Rule Workshop
The Proposed Agricultural Water Standard Workshop of the Collaborative Food Safety Forum was held on August 8, 2013 at The Pew Charitable Trusts in Washington, DC. Meeting participants discussed the agricultural water testing standards in the Proposed Produce Safety Rule as a part of the Food Safety Modernization Act (FSMA) implementation.
On October 3, 2017, following the release of the Produce Safety Rule’s water testing standards, the CFSF met again to discuss stakeholder concerns with the codified rule and potential revisions to the standards and testing requirements for agricultural water that would make them more feasible and appropriate for growers across the country. Summary of this discussion can be found here.
- Ag Water Quality Testing Meeting Agenda
- Ag Water Quality Workshop Participant List
- Ag Water Quality Summary
- Samir Assar, FDA, Proposed Rule on Produce Safety
- Samir Assar and Erick Snellman, FDA, Basis for the Proposed Standards
- Trevor Suslow, University of California, Ag Water Risk
- Mark Seetin, US Apple Association, Ag Water Use in Apple Production
- Dave Gombas, United Fresh Produce Association, California LGMA
- Dave Gombas, United Fresh Produce Association, Quantitative Risk Assessment to Support the Proposed Rule
- Will Daniels, Earthbound Farm Organic, Water Testing